Ian tells us a bit about himself and his role in the business...
Name: Ian Willetts
Role: Sales Director
Length of time with business: Nearly ten years
1. Briefly explain your role
Meeting and working closely with our network of brokers and engaging with their clients. My involvement is mainly with the completion of larger value transactions and supporting our Broker Development team with complex documentation and deal structures.
2. What do you enjoy most about your role?
Each day is different and each broker we work with is different. Each of them works with a variety of customers from a number of business backgrounds. I just really enjoy meeting and working with our brokers and their teams to provide tailor-made solutions to SMEs across the various industries.
3. How would you describe your work ethic?
My phone is always on, I get the job done and deliver a solution in a timely manner and I work by the philosophy that you’re only ever as good as your last deal.
4. If you could be an animal what would you be and why?
I’m an avid Wolverhampton Wanderers F.C. (Wolves) fan, so for that reason, I would have to be a wolf!
5. If you weren’t in work now, what would you be doing?
I guess it would involve watching something involving sport; either my son playing rugby, football, cricket or hockey or watching Wolverhampton Wanderers... did I mention I’m a Wolves fan?
6. Which of your colleagues would you like to nominate to feature next in meet the team and why?
Neil Ballam, who heads up our underwriting team. He’s a really experienced team mate who knows his stuff.