Name: James Seekings
Role: Broker Support Advisor
Length of time with business: 6 weeks
1. Briefly explain your role?
I am a Business Support Advisor based in the Hessle office of Close Brothers Business Finance. I am responsible for reading over proposals when they come in from Brokers and loading them onto our systems ready to be reviewed by our Underwriters. I have a lot to learn in my role which I am looking forward to.
2. What do you enjoy most about your role?
I get the opportunity to expand my knowledge daily and gain exposure to the financial industry. I also enjoy working with my team who have been very friendly and supportive since I joined the company.
3. How would you describe your work ethic?
I would describe my work ethic as professional and I always aim to give 100% to achieve the best results. I also see myself as a positive team player.
4. If you could be an animal what would you be and why?
I would say a cheetah as I like to move around at a fast pace. If not a cheetah, a bird as flights are expensive!
5. If you weren’t in work now, what would you be doing?
I’d probably be eating, sleeping, or out and about with my mates. I’m only 21 so I don’t have many responsibilities just yet... (other than work of course!)
6. Which of your colleagues would you like to nominate to feature next in meet the team and why?
I would like to nominate Amanda Osborne, Business Support Supervisor from Hessle. Amanda has been very welcoming and supported me in my role. She is also is a genuinely nice person to be around!