Pam tells us a little bit about herself and her role in the business.
Name: Pam Dawson-Kerwin
Role: Business Support Manager
Length of time with business: Over 28 years
1. Briefly explain your role
I have a very varied role covering all aspects of new business. This includes loading all proposals, checking and processing documents, pay-outs; plus a vast array of internal and external queries. I also support and manage a team of 13 which consists of 11 Business Support Advisors and two Business Support Supervisors.
2. What do you enjoy most about your role?
The people I work with (my second family) and their willingness to fulfil the expectation of all our customers. It is extremely rewarding seeing the team grow in confidence and experience.
3. How would you describe your work ethic?
I would not ask anyone to do something I wouldn’t be prepared to do myself. Work hard, play hard and enjoy the work/life balance.
4. If you could be an animal what would you be and why?
I would be a monkey - not only is it my favourite animal but they are known for their intelligence, curiosity and great sense of fun.
5. If you weren’t in work now, what would you be doing?
I would be travelling around Europe in my motorhome.
6. Which of your colleagues would you like to nominate to feature next in meet the team and why?
Gerry McGahey, Customer Service Supervisor, as she is a fountain of knowledge.