Steve tells us a little bit about himself and his role in the business.
Name: Steve Brownhill
Length of time with business: Seven years
1. Briefly explain your role
I assess credit risk and look to strike a commercial balance between business requirements, what the customer can afford, what the Broker and our Broker Development Managers need and what the market dictates. Ultimately, it is trying to find an acceptable solution that all parties can benefit from.
2. What do you enjoy most about your role?
The people I work with and the variation in the proposals to underwrite. Also offering support to my colleagues and seeing them develop their underwriting skills.
3. How would you describe your work ethic?
Diligent and conscientious in protecting Close Brothers Business Finance’s best interests. Aside from that, it’s always good to have some office banter with my colleagues.
4. If you could be an animal what would you be and why?
Not an animal, but a mythical creature – I’d be a phoenix so in future I could be regenerated or reborn.
5. If you weren’t in work now, what would you be doing?
A combination of travelling, spending time with my friends and family - in particular my four grand‐children.
6. Which of your colleagues would you like to nominate to feature next in meet the team and why?
Pam Dawson‐Kerwin, Business Support Manager, as she has been the back bone of our operation in various ways for so long.