What is asset finance?
Asset Finance is an alternative form of funding used by businesses to obtain the equipment they need to grow.
Common examples of asset finance products are:
- Hire Purchase (HP): allows the customer to buy the equipment on credit. The finance company purchases the asset on behalf of the customer and owns the asset until the final instalment is paid, at which point the customer is given the option to buy it
- Refinancing (Capital Release): The finance company purchases the asset and finances it back to you. Repayments are calculated in line with the income stream that will be generated by the asset; at the end of the refinance term, you own the asset
- Finance lease: The full value of the equipment is repaid to the finance company, plus interest, over the lease period. At the end of the term, the company can choose to:
- continue to use the asset by entering a secondary rental period
- sell the asset and keep a portion of the income from the sale
- return it
- Operating lease: Similar to a Finance Lease, an Operating Lease allows you to rent the asset from us while you need it. The key difference between the two is that an Operating Lease is only for part of the asset’s useful life. This means you pay a reduced rental because the cost is based on the difference between the asset’s original purchase price and its residual value at the end of the agreement.
Types of assets financed
The beauty of asset finance is its flexibility – it can be used to fund any asset, including:.
- Printing equipment
- Print finishing equipment
- Allied trade equipment
- Cut sheet toner machines
- Inkjet press
- Digital finishing
- Printing press
- Cutting tables
- Large format printing equipment
There is very little that we won’t consider financing - we can even help you with funding for mergers, acquisitions and refurbishments.
Taylor Bloxham Ltd is a family-run business that has been a leader in the print industry for over 75 years. Experts in Litho, ultra high-definition print, digital print, large format, print finishing and augmented reality, the company is always looking at and investing in the latest technologies to ensure high quality print for its customers.
The company was seeking funding to support the purchase of a new KBA B1 Press to replace two existing presses.
A Hire Purchase product over a 60 month term with the option to purchase the asset fully at the end of the term.
For more information about how we could help your print business please visit our Print page.